â€œA father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you growâ€�
On June 17 we honor and celebrate our fathers. Because most students are out of school for the summer, they donâ€™t always make a small gift to bring home as many do for Motherâ€™s Day in May. Â Many of us find it harder to shop for gifts for dad – they don’t always love jewelry and flowers as mom does!
This Fatherâ€™s Day consider giving dad a personalized message straight from your heart (and your computer!). Instead of browsing through the stores for the perfect gift, consider creating a digital gift that lasts forever.
These free resources offer opportunities for everyone of all ages to create and share a heartfelt message to their special dad:
- Flipgrid (reviewed here) – If you arenâ€™t familiar with Flipgrid, it is a versatile and exciting video response tool. Create a topic in Flipgrid for your dad, then share with other family members and friends. Ask them to share their favorite memories of dad. On Fatherâ€™s Day give dad the gift of memories from those that love him from both far away and nearby.
- Book Creator (reviewed here) – Make an online book for dad to keep and share on any device. Upload favorite pictures, add audio recordings and even include videos in your unique book. Share the link to your completed book after publication to view online or download your book as an ebook.
- Canva Infographic Creator (reviewed here) – Honor dad with a personalized infographic using Canvaâ€™s intuitive features and templates. Choose from the many templates found here to get started. When finished, share your creation on social media or download to your computer and print to give to dad.
- Geni (reviewed here) or MyHeritage (reviewed here) – Help dad discover and explore his family tree. Create a free account at an online genealogy site and begin an exploration of your familyâ€™s history. Start early and encourage relatives to share information as you build your dadâ€™s personalized family tree.
- Biteable (reviewed here) – Create an animated video with your favorite memories to present to dad using Biteable. This very easy to use video maker includes templates to get you started, then add videos and images to make your unique video. Publish your video on YouTube then surprise dad with a link to his special gift.
Creating and sharing a special memory for dad doesnâ€™t need to be expensive. These free ideas only take a little bit of time and love. In fact, you will have as much fun gathering memories and creating something for dad as he will have in receiving it.
Do you have an idea for creating and sharing a digital Father’s Day gift? We would love to hear about them in the comments below.
Source: Social Learning