A popular luxury resort in the Dominican Republic declares that a U.S. tourist who just recently declared that she was attacked there in January went public after they refused her need for $2.2 million.
The hotel has actually raised doubts about the account by Delaware homeowner Tammy Lawrence-Daley, who posted her claims on Facebook, together with photos of her face, inflamed and bruised.
Lawrence-Daley stated she was vacationing at the luxury all-inclusive resort with her hubby and some good friends when she left her space one night to purchase a snack and was attacked from behind and subjected to hours of beatings. She alleged that the opponent was using a resort uniform.
In a declaration to Fox News, Majestic Beauty Punta Cana Hotel declared: “Mrs. Lawrence formally required a $2.2 million compensation contract. After receiving no favorable reaction, she revealed her variation of the case, 4 months after it took place.”
Efforts to reach Lawrence-Daley for a response were not successful on Wednesday.
Tammy Lawrence-Daley after an attack at a resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in January2019 Lawrence-Daley made the attack public on social media, detailing a vicious hours-long assault by a male she stated was wearing the uniform of an all-encompassing resort.
( Chris Daley via AP)
Lawrence-Daley has actually said, nevertheless, that aggravation over how the hotel and the cops handled her allegations triggered her to go public to warn other tourists.
Lawrence-Daley has actually stated in interviews with different news outlets that an effort to reach an out-of-court settlement had failed, and the resort’s insurer eventually sent out a letter stating Majestic Elegance bore no duty because she couldn’t determine her assailant as a staff member. She now has up until late July to discover a Dominican legal representative to use up her case.
The hotel statement sought to address criticism by Lawrence-Daley and her other half, Christopher, that they needed to make several appeals to the staff to assist them discover her when she didn’t return to the space.
The hotel staff, the statement stated, “handled the obligation of offering all required attentions which all actions in the case are well documented” and “a member of the hotel personnel remained many of the time in the medical facility to provide help and make sure that her needs were fulfilled.”
Hotel and police authorities have actually responded publicly to Lawrence-Daley’s allegations with a mix of issue and defensiveness, saying that they are examining and adding that there are inconsistencies in her account.
” After their investigation, authorities comprehend that the situation is still uncertain, which there are weak points and unanswered concerns to address in this weird and unusual case,” the declaration stated.
” Some news media sources in the United States have reported on the story considering her accounts hold true and definitive, rather of awaiting a final resolution of the case, that not only affects Majestic Resorts, however also tourist for the entire Dominican Republic.”
The statement about Lawrence-Daley comes amid the news that 3 U.S. tourists died last week in their spaces at two separate hotels in the Dominican Republic, both owned by the Spanish-based Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts.
On Tuesday, Fox News reported that a Pennsylvania psychotherapist, Miranda Schaup-Werner, passed away in her space on Might 25, five days prior to a couple from Maryland, Edward Holmes and Cynthia Day, were discovered dead in their space.
Initial autopsies suggested they passed away of respiratory failure, Dominican authorities have actually said. Cops said they were examining the deaths, which family members of all the 3 tourists have actually called suspicious. On Wednesday afternoon, the Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts launched a statement stating authorities have concluded that Schaup-Werner passed away of a heart attack.
The conclusion, the resort group stated, lined up “with official declarations supplied by Mr. Werner [Schaup’s husband], who confirmed she had a history of heart conditions. Throughout the event and in the days that followed we supplied our complete assistance to Mr. Werner in cooperation with local authorities and the U.S. Embassy. We once again reveal our condolences to Mr. Werner and his family and friends on the passing of Mrs. Schaup-Werner.”
A family spokesperson, Jay McDonald, told Fox News that while Schaup-Werner had a heart disease 15 years earlier, she had been medically cleared and had actually not displayed heart issues because then or in the days leading up to the holiday. The resort group statement said that the deaths of Holmes and Day remain under examination pending the results of toxicology and histopathological tests.
The resort group also clarified preliminary reports by the household, and Dominican authorities to the media that the three deaths took place in the exact same building. The new declaration said the three deaths occurred in different buildings, which lie almost side-by-side in La Romana, owned by the Bahia Principe resort group.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.