I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a â€œmini-reviewâ€� format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2017 Villa Sandi Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Cartizze (Veneto): Looking for as refined a take on fun as one could hope to find? Your search is done. You’re welcome. $45 A-
- 2012 Tenute Silvio Nardi Brunello di Montalcino (Tuscany): Young, reserved, elegant, and full of sharp wit, along with its pedigree’s potential for greatness. $65 A-
- 2015 Campo alle Comete Bolgheri Superiore (Tuscany): Still a wee babe wrapped in a blanket of sage, leather, and truffles… but a babe born of nearly angelic stock, apparently. $79 A
- 2017 Cleto Chiarli Vecchia Modena “Premium” Lambrusco di Sorbara (Emilia-Romagna): Wild in cherry fruit, wild in floral overgrowth, and wild in perky attitude. $16 B+
- 2016 Donnafugata “Floramundi” Cerasuolo di Vittoria (Sicilia): Earth, flowers, meat, and buoyant plummy and berry fruits… it’s basically an entire tasty meal unto itself. $30 B+
- 2016 Chateau de Poncie Fleurie ‘Le PrÃ© Roi’ (Beaujolais): The king is fond ofÂ flowers, tart red berries, pepper, and all-around abundant happiness. $23 B+
- 2015 Quinta de Roriz Prazo de Roriz (Douro): About at easy on the palate – and as easy to appreciate – as the Douro countryside is easy on the eyes. $16 B+
- 2016 P+S Prats & Symington Post Scriptum de Chryseia (Douro): Reliability as a virtue, with sure-footed tannins anchoring all of that soft, supple fruit. $27 B+
- 2017 Bonterra Dry Muscat (Lake County): A winner; and one that’s screaming “Hey, isn’t life just sooooo great? And I am just SOOOOOO happy to see you!!!” $16 B+
- 2017 Dutton-Goldfield Green Valley GewÃ¼rztraminer (Russian River Valley): Textbook levels of floral loveliness, with pretty much all varietal boxes ticked. $33 A-
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright Â© 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For August 13, 2018 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source: Wineries should engage critics