I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a â€œmini-reviewâ€� format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2015 Ferraton Pere & Fils Saint-Joseph La Source (Rhone): Bacon, raspberries, pepper, and silk. And yeah, those work out just fine together. $32 B+
- NV Besserat de Bellefon Cuvee des Moines Brut Rose (Champagne): Carrying a rather serious demeanor, considering how downright adorable those cherries and roses are. $50 A-
- 2017 Tasca d’Almerita Tenuta Regaleali Catarratto Antisa (Sicily): Kinda nuts – as in, the kind of nuts that you Cannot. Stop. EATING! $22 B+
- 2010 La Antigua Classico Reserva (Rioja): A well-tended garden – earthy, full of floral action, and simply lovely to take in. $25 B+
- 2016 Vega Sicilia Oremus ‘Mandolas’ Tokaj Dry (Tokaj-Hegyalja): Consider yourself a thief for being able to nab this kind of depth, vibrancy, & sexiness for this kind of cash outlay. 28 A-
- 2015 Hickinbotham ‘The Peake’ Cabernet Sauvignon (McLaren Vale): Masterful brushstrokes warning – you’ll lose track of time just taking in the violets, spice, and eucalyptus of this impeccable little painting. $150 A
- 2015 The Hess Collection Allomi Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley): Wellllllll, hellllooooooo there, you sexy beast you! $27 B+
- 2011 Qupe Maxtap Cuvee Red (Central Coast): Still performing, and while the sound is a bit cacophonous, it’s all joyous noise. $26 B+
- 2015 Windvane Pinot Noir (Carneros): That time when Carneros Pinot decided to get all Large-and-In-Charge on us. $45 A-
- 2014 Gundlach-Bundschu Estate Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma Valley): As usual, showing nary a wrinkle on its gorgeous face. $45 A-
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright Â© 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For January 14, 2019 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source: Wineries should engage critics