I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a â€œmini-reviewâ€� format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2010 Enrico Serafino Zero Sboccatura Tardiva Alta Langa Metodo Classico (Piedmont): Late disgorgement, and on-time for everything else, including crisp green apples, freshly-baked bread, and near-total awesomeness. $50 A-
- 2014 Villadoria Barolo (Piedmont): Old-school, nearly to a fault; but break out the smoked brisket, and all shall be right with its world. $40 B+
- 2015 Tenuta Sant’Antonio Selezione Antonio Castagnedi (Amarone della Valpolicella): With all of that heady incense, it’s like a liquid missa solemnis for raisins… $50 A-
- 2012 Weingut Claus Schneider ‘CS’ Weiler Schlipf Grauer Burgunder (Baden): Gently singing its swan song in nutty, honeyed, citric, tones. $NA B+
- 2012 Dow’s Late Bottled Vintage Port (Portugal): Classic presentation of passionate, sweet kisses for your dark chocolates. $24 B+
- 2014 Gordo Monastrell – Cabernet Sauvignon (Yecla): Putting the “heck yeah!” (along with the pepper, life, and openness) in Yecla. $15 B+
- 2015 Compania de Vinos del Atlantico Sierra de la Demanda Blanco (Rioja): Nuts and lemon rinds, and the beauty of an Old School style approach to things. $33 B+
- 2017 M. Chapoutier Les Vignes de Bila-Haut Blanc (Cotes du Roussillon): Floral, broad, and thoroughly determined in its crowd-pleasing mission. $14 B
- 2015 Veramonte Primus “The Blend” Red (Colchagua Valley): Juicy, fresh, dark, and meaty, “The Blend” will likely hit “The Spot” when it comes to grilled burgers. $18 B
- 2016 Dutton Estate Winery Dutton Ranch Kyndall’s Reserve Chardonnay (Russian River Valley): Richly woven tapestry of light and heavy thread, with the result approaching a fine balance of refinement and richness. $45 A-
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright Â© 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For January 28, 2019 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source: Wineries should engage critics