I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a â€œmini-reviewâ€� format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2016 Jermann Pinot Grigio (Venezia Giulia): Behold the thinking wine-lover’s Pinot Grigio, replete with, well, almost everything that’s lacking in most domestic US PGs… $25 B+
- 2015 Inama Carmenere Piu (Veneto Rosso): For when only something different – and something with accessible sophistication – will do. $20 B+
- NV Cleto Chiarli Brut de Noir Rose Lambrusco (Emilia-Romagna): That time when cherries had a killer party, and they invited more cherries, and then even more cherries showed up. $15 B
- 2017 Andreola ‘Mas de Fer’ Rive di Soligo (Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Superiore): The melodies are slightly sweet, and the main chorus is mellifluously harmonious. $25 B+
- 2016 Pieropan Soave Classico (Veneto): Soaaaaveeee gettin’ its sexaaaaahhhhh swerrrrrveeeeehhhh onnnnnnn… $20 B+
- 2015 Hickinbotham Brooks Road Shiraz (McLaren Vale): This is a long road, in a good way, and one where the path is lined with dried herb and ripe plummy goodness. $75 A-
- 2015 Montes Alpha Carmenere (Colchagua Valley): Castles will be stormed, no prisoners will be taken, and all larders will be raided. $25 B+
- 2017 Left Coast Cellars The Orchards Pinot Gris (Willamette Valley): In these orchards, everything is peachy – both literally, and figuratively – keen. $19 B+
- 2015 Miro Cellars Ponzo Vineyard old Vines Reserve Zinfandel (Russian River Valley): They’re on to something special here, folks; just bring your penchant for intensity, spiciness, and juiciness. $35 A-
- 2012 Petroni Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (Sonoma Valley): That debonair formal attire suits this one right on down to the T. $75 A-
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright Â© 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For July 16, 2018 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source: Wineries should engage critics