I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a â€œmini-reviewâ€� format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2015 Tenuta di Ghizzano Nambrot (Toscana): This one definitely has a little bit of a funky beat happening in its step, though it doesn’t seem to be slowing it down much. $45 B+
- 2017 Adriano Adami Dry Vigneto Giardino Rive di Colbertaldo (Prosecco di Valdobbiadene): Sporting the kind of delicate, gossamer refinement usually reserved for orb spider webs. $22 B+
- 2017 Montesel ‘Vigna del Paradiso’ Extra Dry (Prosecco Superiore di Conegliano-Valdobbiadene): Fruity, floral, fine, fragrant, and fast-to-be-emptied. $16 B
- 2014 Dr. H. Thanisch Erben Muller-Burggraef Riesling Feinherb (Mosel): Only now just rocking a few distinguished looking wrinkles and lines of gray. $17 B+
- 2016 Concha y Toro ‘Terrunyo’ Block 27 Peumo Vineyard Carmenere (Cachapoal Valley): Succulent, savory, sophisticated; also unashamed, unapologetic, and nigh unforgettable. $45 A-
- 2013 Familia Zuccardi ‘Serie A’ Cabernet Sauvignon (Uco Valley): Hitting the “meaty” phase with grace, force, and poise. $14 B
- NV Lucien Albrecht Cremant d’Alsace Brut (Alsace): This is Kingly elegance offered up for a more Duchy-like price. $21 B+
- 2016 Lucien Albrecht Riesling Reserve (Alsace): Was that flint? Or limes? Or exotic fruits? Or an unexpected but awesome bit of roundness around the vibrancy? How about “all of the above?” $18 B+
- 2016 Dutton-Goldfield Dutton Ranch Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Orrrrrrrrr…. we could just stay in all night and drink this… and I’d be OK with that… $44 A-
- 2015 Wente Vineyards Charles Wetmore Cabernet Sauvignon (Livermore Valley): This is the kind of tasty earthiness that would get Galactus salivating. $30 A-
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright Â© 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For July 23, 2018 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source: Wineries should engage critics