I taste a bunch-o-wine (technical term for more than most people). So each week, I share some of my wine reviews (mostly from samples) and tasting notes in a â€œmini-reviewâ€� format.
They are meant to be quirky, fun, and (mostly) easily-digestible reviews of (mostly) currently available wines (click here for the skinny on how to read them), and are presented links to help you find them, so that you can try them out for yourself. Cheers!
- 2015 Zocker Paragon Vineyard Gruner Veltliner (Edna Valley): It’s perennially a fascinatingly good time to watch what this one is up to. $19 B+
- 2011 Oso Libre “Quixotic” (Paso Robles): There’s nothing unrealistic about how enjoyable – and abundant – the tangy red fruit flavors still are. $62 A-
- 2016 Dutton Estate La Familia Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley): Sure, it might be young, but with all of that brooding darkness, it’s also deadly freakin’ serious. $70 A-
- 2015 Grgich Hills Estate Paris Tasting Commemorative Chardonnay (Napa Valley): For those times when refinement, texture, and contemplation are meant to trump bombast, weight, and raw concentration. $95 A
- 2015 Georges Duboeuf Pouilly-Fuisse (Maconnais): The white figs have come to party, and they willÂ not be denied, my friends! $32 B+
- 2017 Chateau Ferry Lacombe “Haedus” Rose (Cotes de Provence): Red flowers, red berries, and very likely a red face and nose from drinking so much of it. $18 B+
- 2013 Cartuxa Evora Colheita Tinto (Alentejo): Dark, floral, and like a dreamscape, it’s at once exotic but also eerily familiar. $21 B+
- 2013 Gaja Dagromis (Barolo): Yet an energetic pup at this stage, with all signs pointing to it growing into a fine example worthy of its prestigious pedigree. $90 A-
- 2017 Saint Clair Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough): So, you think that you know pungent? Well, this is here to tell you that you don’tÂ really know pungent yet, bro. $28 B+
- 2015 Hickinbotham The Revivalist Merlot (McLaren Vale): What this will revive is a) your faith in high-end Aussie wares, and b) your love of Merlot done right. $75 A-
Shop Wine Products at Amazon.com
Copyright Â© 2016. Originally at Wine Reviews: Weekly Mini Round-Up For July 9, 2018 from 1WineDude.com
– for personal, non-commercial use only. Cheers!
Source: Wineries should engage critics